« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Thursday, September 15

Less than 24 hours till Sufjan




That's right... In less than a day I will be experiencing pure musical exuberance to the sounds of Sufjan Stevens and his Illinoisemakers, the excitment is in the air.

Here's a couple of my favorite Sufjan live tracks, the first of which Sufjan famously proclaims "this one is for one of our favorite towns in Illinois called Peoria" (actually its not really famous, but I'm from Peoria so cut me some slack):
MP3 Prarie Fire That Wanders About (Live)
MP3 The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out To Get Us! (Live)

and a bonus track that perfectly describes my joy of seeing Sufjan tomorrow like only the man himself can do:

MP3 One Last Woo-Hoo For The Pullman
posted by Taylor, 9/15/2005 01:19:00 AM | link 4 comments

4 Comments:

Hi, I don't know exactly how I found your blog, but I found it very interesting. I will return time to time
Jeff - nail fungus symptom
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 9/15/2005 01:50:00 AM  
Great blog! I have added it to my list and will
check in often.

My site is about homeowners insurance OK, and you can
see it below if that interests you.

Best Wishes,
Ken
homeowners insurance OK
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 9/15/2005 01:51:00 AM  
awesome blog. but i just wanted to ask one thing, i havent read much on Sufjan Stevens, but what is "The Preadatory Wasp of Palisades is Out to Get Us" about? im no genius with regard to criticism, hope you can help me out. thanks.
It's a personal story of how one of Sufjan's best childhood friends died by a wasp sting. They lyrics are kindof cryptic at times, and Sufjan doesn't talk to people about what they mean.

He did say that it was based on a true story of his childhood though, that much is sure.
commented by Blogger Taylor, 11/23/2005 04:22:00 PM  

Add a comment


« More -->