« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Monday, October 17

Bob Dylan


A phrase I like to use when talking about music is "know your roots". Whenever I get into an artist, I like to know who influenced them, who pioneered the musical genre they fall into, what trademark sounds from other artists are they using, etc...

For me, I assume it would be natural for people that like Bright Eyes, the Decemberists, and The Good Life to listen to Bob Dylan as well, but from what I've seen its not usually the case. Out of his innovation came Folk Rock, Protest Songs, and Storytelling songs as we know them today. Almost every current artist has been in someway influenced by Dylan, and Folk Music wouldn't be remotely close to what it is today without him.

Here are four lesser know but still fantastic Bob Dylan tracks:

MP3 I Want You (from Blonde on Blonde)
MP3 She Belongs To Me (from Bringing It All Back Home)
MP3 Don't Think Twice, It's Alright (from The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan)

MP3 One Of Us Must Know (Sooner or Later)(from Blonde on Blonde)

You can purchase more great tracks in this collection .
posted by Taylor, 10/17/2005 05:59:00 PM | link 1 comments

1 Comments:

Excellent Blog chap.
All Hail Zoolander.

Add a comment


« More -->