« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Tuesday, November 1

Johnny Cash



As we all know, the Johnny Cash biopic is coming out in a couple of weeks, so I've been listening to him a bit lately. "Ring of Fire" is the song thats been playing on all the ads, and I don't think Mexican trumpets have ever been put to better use.

MP3 Ring of Fire

I really love his covers on the American albums. The songs are extremely stripped down and his voice sounds so honest and telling.

MP3 In My Life

This last song was used to close U2's brilliant (and most experimental) album Zooropa. It's an apocalyptic electronica/gospel song that has lines like "I went out wandering with a Bible and a gun". It also, of course, features Johnny Cash on vocals.

MP3 The Wanderer
posted by Taylor, 11/01/2005 04:46:00 PM | link 1 comments

1 Comments:

xcellent!!! johnny is the dog's bollocks...some of those wimpy bands read Travis, Coldplay and the dreaded Keane just don't feel they have had to hassle for a bag of crisps..give me Willie, Dolly nad Tammy any day....

Add a comment


« More -->