« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Tuesday, November 15

There Should Be More Songs With Bagpipes...


...is my opinion because they usually sound pretty darn good. Maybe its my Scottish ancestry, but I think that bagpipes rock. To prove my point, I've made a bagpipe mix with all the bagpipe songs that I currently have. If you can think of some more feel free to leave a comment and tell me.


This is the song that introduced me to the bagpipes in pop songs phenomenon, it also has one of the best uses of the f-bomb in a song -
MP3 Rilo Kiley - A Better Son/Daughter

These are both songs from really good bands that happen to feature the bagpipe - make sure to pick up their respective CD's if you don't have them - here and here

MP3 Neutral Milk Hotel - Untitled
MP3 Belle & Sebastian - Sleep the Clock Around

This is a band that I found online when I searched for bagpipe music. I have to say that I quite like it -
MP3 Dirty Three - Doris

Here's one for fun -
MP3 AC/DC - It's A Long Way To The Top


help save Arrested Development - find out how here
posted by Taylor, 11/15/2005 10:06:00 PM | link 3 comments

3 Comments:

dirty three are brilliant- and just released an album called 'cinder'. cat power guested on it too.

anyway, i recommend checking out 'sad sexy', my current favourite! if you have trouble finding it, comment on my journal or something to let me know [i suck at remembering to check back places] :)
commented by Blogger emma, 11/16/2005 04:02:00 AM  
nice use of ac/dc
Although pipes rock for sure they have not made inroads in the mainstream for several reasons. For one they don't tune to A-440 and have no intentions of doing so.
The tradition as played in high-end competition and advanced solo playing are sick and tired of the Scotland the Brave and Amazing Grace label they get put under; that and the usual tedious expressions of revulsion generally expressed by the public, has kept them in a very powerful stream of their own, with little concern for other genres.
Check out some World Pipe Band Competition CD's for a good ride.
I always admired that AC/DC track as being straight from the heart of pipe-fiend sensibility, beautifully showcased with no attempt at making it subservient.
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 11/21/2005 12:07:00 AM  

Add a comment


« More -->