« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Friday, December 9

Erlend Øye


I knew Erlend Øye from Kings of Convenience, of which he is the singer/songwriter/dancer (see "I'd Rather Dance..." music video), but just found out about his solo career very recently. He apparently is a very proficient DJ, and works with many famous European electronica acts, in between KOC albums (himself being Norwegian).

I read that he spent alot of time in Berlin during his recordings, which might be why his music occasionally sounds like Berlin-era Bowie. Anyway here's some sample tracks from his two albums:

from Unrest
MP3 Erlend Øye - Symptom of Disease (with Mr. Velcro Fastener)

from DJ Kicks
MP3 I Need Your Love
MP3 Cornelius - Drop (Kings Of Convenience Remix)

You can still download a couple Kings of Convenience tracks (way different style) from me at this post

I'm waiting for the end of exams to post my best of '05 list, which is Tuesday if you were wondering. Untill then get Sufjan's live Denver bootleg from My Old Kentucky Blog. I've been digging it for a while, especially for the inclusion of Come On! Feel the Illinoise! - It's a must have.
posted by Taylor, 12/09/2005 04:45:00 PM | link 4 comments

4 Comments:

UNREST is fantastic album
i have heard great things about Unrest. thanks for sharing!
i love the KOC
commented by Anonymous wes, 12/10/2005 12:00:00 AM  
Sting! Yayyy.
Posted a load of new bands and tracks over at tommyshots.blogspot.com which people who like this blog may like. Sorry to advertise but I'm needing readers!
commented by Blogger Adam, 12/10/2005 12:45:00 PM  

Add a comment


« More -->