« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Monday, December 19

Kashmir - They're huge in Denmark!



Kashmir is a Danish band that was formed in 1991 under the name Nirvana, they quickly changed to Kashmir though for obvious reasons. Over the years they've become one of the biggest acts in Denmark and have had three of their albums go Platinum and have won 6 Danish music awards. They're almost completely unheard of in America, though, which is a shame because they are really good.

On their latest CD, No Balance Please, David Bowie offered to sing on one of the songs and Lou Reed offered to write a song for them, (it's no small feat to feature two legends on a CD). Kashmir can be easily compared to Bends-era Radiohead, Muse, and even the Doves. I'm going to give you a couple of tracks from their two latest CD's (which are both available as an imports on Amazon).

from Zitilites
Mp3 Kashmir - Rocket Brothers
Mp3 Kashmir - Melpomene

from No Balance Palace
Mp3 Kashmir - The Cynic (Feat. David Bowie)
Mp3 Kashmir - The Curse Of Being A Girl

This is where they got their name:
Mp3 Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
posted by Taylor, 12/19/2005 12:51:00 PM | link 5 comments

5 Comments:

"Zitilites" is such a great album, I have it and is really good... they're quiet popular here in my country (Mexico)... I dunno why
LOVE this :)
commented by Anonymous Elizabeth, 12/21/2005 06:11:00 PM  
My youngest brother visited me a few days ago and handed me a CD with "Kashmir" written on the cover. Honestly I was hesitant on even listening to it since we rarely ever agree on what music we like. But he definitely hit it with this one.

So far I've bought Zitilites, The Good Life, and lately No Balance Palace, which is simply genius work. Listening to all three CDs you can tell the evolution. No Balance Palace (definitely a milestone in quality and authenticity for these guys) is where they seem to find their very own different path; almost like U2 before and after The Joshua Tree, or Radiohead pre and post Kid A.

"Kalifornia" and "Ophelia" are such !@#$ing brisk and beautiful songs, my iPod's been playing them on repeat for like two days now.
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 12/29/2005 01:57:00 AM  
hey, i dont really write so well in english, because i'm from mexico, sorry but i do what i can, kashmir is the best band in this time, some people dont understood there music, but to me is a incredible experience when i listen the records, the new cd is quiet but i like most the record before zitilites specially the song rocket brothers it means so much in my life i cant hear it without start crying, really i want more and more from kashmir, i wish you were fine, bye.
I just discovered these guys myself the last few days. I hope you don't mind but I linked two of your posted MP3's over on my blog (and gave you credit and linked your blog.)
These guys really are fantastic. It's a total crime that they haven't been getting any publicity in the US.

Add a comment


« More -->