« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Wednesday, January 4

Laura Veirs


I used my iTunes Gift Card to buy Laura Veirs' Year of Meteors a couple of days ago and I'm quite enjoying it. I first learned about the album when I saw Lindsay Lohan carrying it around here (I also noted that she got 16 votes on Stereogums Indie Rock Hotties, which beat out Lindsay's 5 votes).

My favorite songs on the CD, so far, are the ones that contrast a feedback-heavy electrical guitar (which I'm convinced she got from this song) over a calm acoustic guitar. The album features some beautiful and simple acoustic pieces that I'm loving as well. Some of the songs are still growing on me (i.e. Galaxies), but I'm sure if I give it a couple more weeks I'll love them as well.

Two Songs:
MP3 Galaxies
MP3 Where Gravity Is Dead
MP3 Magnetized
posted by Taylor, 1/04/2006 01:11:00 PM | link 2 comments

2 Comments:

I have been reading your blog for awhile... and you have amazing music taste. I just started listening to Laura Veirs a week ago, and she's fantastic!
commented by Blogger Laura, 1/04/2006 06:01:00 PM  
Thanks for the tracks. I was curious about her sound after seeing her name as Colin Meloy's opener.

Good stuff, and cute to boot.

Add a comment


« More -->