« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Monday, January 16

Where are they now? Appleseed Cast



You know that show where VH1 talks about artists that used to be big but then faded away into nothingness, and then tells you what they're up to. Well, this isn't really anything like that, its just a section where I mention a band and wonder why they aren't still recording. It's more of a literal - "where are you now and when are you going to get back into a studio?"

The first band I'm covering is Appleseed Cast. I loved these guys growing up and had at least four of their albums, my favorite being Mare Vitalis. They released 1-2 a year from 1998 untill 2003 when they stopped. Where are you guys? Here's a couple of tracks:

MP3 Forever Longing The Golden Sunsets
MP3 Santa Maria (the 1:53 mark of this song is amazing)


Bonus MP3 - I've been listening to Belle & Sebastians latest, The Life Pursuit, a lot lately and this is the standout track for me. I love it!

MP3 For The Price of A Cup Of Tea

Happy MLK day Everybody!

edit* So i just found out they are actually doing something they signed to Militia Records and are coming out with a new album soon. It's about time!
posted by Taylor, 1/16/2006 12:49:00 PM | link 4 comments

4 Comments:

ASC is leaving on tour for the second time since starting the recording of their new record this Spring. I'm not sure when the record will be finished, but I'm going to their show when they open for Minus The Bear in Portland in March. So they're still around, don't worry.
commented by Blogger Baby, 1/17/2006 11:42:00 AM  
What's strange is that the very day you posted your "Where are they now?" the ASC new tracks were leaked......weird
commented by Anonymous noah parsley, 1/24/2006 02:18:00 AM  
I think they thought 'no one knows we're still around' and leaked the tracks themselves to create buzz...
commented by Blogger Taylor, 1/24/2006 10:30:00 AM  
but the new stuff is great.... (I know, I am behind here but I just read this tonight)
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 1/25/2006 01:17:00 AM  

Add a comment


« More -->