« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Tuesday, February 7

Men, Women, and Children


I received Men, Women, and Children's CD in the mail last week and have thoroughly enjoyed listening to it. They claim to be "an exburant mix of rock, electro, funk and a dash of disco." Terms like disco-punk have been thrown around for the past couple of years, but this band incorporates disco sensibilites into their songs more than any I've ever heard (there's even a strong Michael Jackson influence at times).

I would classify them as a less-punk Panic! at the Disco or a more-disco Bravery, with more energy than both. The only thing that bugs me about them is the constant layered vocaling, which could be compared to one of those Kidz Bop recordings *shudder*. If you can get past that, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Here's two sample tracks:

MP3 Dance In My Blood
MP3 Lightning Strikes Twice In New York

Visit their website. The album comes out March 14.
posted by Taylor, 2/07/2006 11:24:00 AM | link 1 comments

1 Comments:

dude, is it just me, or does the guy in the red pants bear a certain resemblance to freddie mercury? (ooooh)

Add a comment


« More -->