« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Friday, February 24

Take Cover!


Yesterday I was linked to by Copy, Right, which is numero uno when it comes to MP3 cover blogs. So to keep that cover-lovin' audience, here's a few of my favorites.

MP3 Ben Gibbard - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Cindy Lauper Cover)
Ben Gibbard's goal is to cover every 80's song ever created. Not really, but sometimes it seems like it.

MP3 Radiohead - Wonderwall (Oasis Cover)
This song is funny because 1) they don't know the words 2) they cut the cover short and say, "Is this dismal or what? it's always fun to make fun of Oasis"

MP3 Copeland - Coming Around Again (Carly Simon Cover)
Copeland is an criminally underrated Indie Rock band. They released an EP full of 80's covers a couple of years ago and this one is my favorite.

MP3 Muse - Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Frankie Vali Cover)
It's amazing how well this pop standard works for Muse. They completely rock on this song in every way.

MP3 Nada Surf - If You Leave (OMD Cover)
I'm seeing Nada surf in about a week, so I've been listening to alot of them lately. This song was featured on the OC when that Anna girl left.

Buy:
Copeland - know nothing stays the same
Music From The OC - Volume 2
Muse - Coldstar/in Your World EP

Arrested Development Breaking News!- I just read this site saying Arrested Development has been picked up by Showtime. A couple people that supposedly work there confirmed it. Kirsten from E! Online says the deal hasn't been finalized but theres a much better chance now. There's discussion going on here and here. Sorry I don't have time to flesh this out but I'm off to work.
posted by Taylor, 2/24/2006 12:04:00 PM | link 8 comments

8 Comments:

hey, i've written some cover-about posts recently, you guys should go and see... well, i found this blog cuz of the muse's can't take my eyes off you, which was posted by me in my mp3 blog:

Sonorama.NET
Been tracking you via Hype Machine, but covers are my hobby, too -- so double thanks!

Posted some bluegrass covers of songs most folks know at audiography this week, by the way: here they are.

Home, though, is here.
don't forget http://coverville.com/ and excellent podcast of covers
You are welcome sweetie because I emailed Ms. CopyRight the url. But then she's cover goddess so she probably already knew. Good job on the blog, ta.
commented by Anonymous m, 2/24/2006 06:56:00 PM  
What other 1980s has Gibbard done?
commented by Blogger Ekko, 2/25/2006 08:07:00 AM  
the covers are great but please mind the quality of the songs, muse's cant take my eyes off of you at 64k? I'd take it but I can't stand the lo fi and the fantomas-like chorus... to be honest I cant stand muse at all...
Anyways...The blog is lovely. Thanks
commented by Blogger Moka, 2/26/2006 06:18:00 PM  
jealous of you for being able to go see nada surf. i saw them play an acoustic set at a brooklyn music store a few months ago and it was great
commented by Anonymous wes, 3/03/2006 07:03:00 AM  
ha glad to see you know your OC
commented by Anonymous kelly [ty's friend], 3/04/2006 10:12:00 AM  

Add a comment


« More -->