« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Friday, March 24

Classic Albums #4 - Bookends



Simon and Garfunkel were one of the best folk acts of the late 60's and Bookends is their most acclaimed album. Most of the album revolves around two everyday people with hopes and dreams traveling across America. It's told with Brian Wilson-like pop arrangements among S&G's more typical acoustic guitar ditties. This is the album that gave us songs like Mrs. Robinson, America, A Hazy Shade Of Winter, Fakin' It, and the hilarious opening scene of Almost Famous.




Here's two of my favorites from the album that you might not have heard.:
MP3
At The Zoo
MP3
Old Friends

Buy it here.

Previously:
Classic Albums #1 - Pet Sounds
Classic Albums #2 - Hunky Dory
Classic Albums #3 - Who's Next
posted by Taylor, 3/24/2006 02:00:00 PM | link 2 comments

2 Comments:

I heart Simon & Garfunkel, though I hate Simon in Annie Hall. Go figure.
commented by Anonymous Addie, 3/25/2006 10:44:00 PM  
I did a search for "dance hall hips" and saw that you "linked" me on your site. that means a lot! I will do the same for you.
-Jon

Add a comment


« More -->