« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Thursday, March 2

Find the song titles!*


I'm a sucker for these music puzzles that Virgin puts out. This one is just as fun as the "find the bands" game I posted about in November. This time you have to "find the song titles" that in a one minute clip. To play, visit this site, watch the video (its taking a long time to load), and then come back here and post all the song titles you can find.

So far I've gotten a quite a few, but here's three to start you out:
Message in a Bottle
Free Bird
Dancing Queen

*Contest: Whoever gets the most I'll (digitally) send you a one of my favorite bootlegs from rilo kiley, decemberists, matt pond PA, neutral milk hotel, U2, or sufjan stevens. It's your choice (this won't be over rapidshare or yousendit, so don't worry).

The song that plays in the background of the game, for one reason or another, reminds me of Make Your Own Kind of Music / Sing Your Own Kind of Song. That classic Mama Cass Elliot track thats been played so heavily in the show, Lost (which is really getting better by the way).

MP3 Make Your Own Kind of Music
posted by Taylor, 3/02/2006 11:51:00 AM | link 7 comments

7 Comments:

wow, i tried and i sucked at finding song names. but i love your blog! thanks so much for the good music taste
commented by Anonymous lily, 3/02/2006 05:53:00 PM  
All I got was "another brick in the wall."

I could only see five images...the move wouldn't run.
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 3/03/2006 04:10:00 AM  
Here's what I got:

I Shot the Sheriff
Tears in Heaven
Purple Rain
Message in a Bottle
Magic Carpet Ride
Seven Nation Army
Dancing Queen
Like a Rolling Stone
Hotel California
White Rabbit
American Woman
Piano Man
Tiny Dancer
Blue Suede Shoes
Video Killed the Radio Star
We Are the Champions
Werewolves of London


I can't believe I missed "Another Brick in the Wall." Dammit.
Is there a list anywhere for the band names answers?
this is really good, i got most of the same except. like a
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 3/03/2006 07:09:00 PM  
the video is not opening... I'll check back later.
Posted a portishead cover today, I've noticed you like that sort of things here's the link:
http://mookamotel.blogspot.com/2006/03/kinky-collection-viii.html

I'll come back tomorrow to see if the video loads.
I should probably mail you, but do you want to exchange links with me? I've been visiting your blog alot this week and I'll very probably add it to my blogroll this sunday.
commented by Blogger Moka, 3/03/2006 07:36:00 PM  
You have a great page. this was fun and there are still some i cant figure out
video
butterfly (mariah)
i shot the sherriff (marley, clapton)
spirit in the sky (norman greenbaum)
tears from heaven (clapton)
purple rain (prince)
the ocean (zeppelin)
message in a bottle (police)
surfin bird (trashmen, ramones)
p.i.m.p (50 cent0
sitting on the dock of the bay (redding)
freebird (skynyrd)
genie in a bottle (christina)
magic carpet ride (steppenwolf)
another brick in the wall (floyd)
seven nation army (stripes)
where the streets have no name (u2)
dancing queen (abba)
like a rolling stone (dylan)
god save the queen (sex pistols)
bulls on parade (rage)
me, myself and I (beyonce)
hotel california (eagles)
white rabbit (jefferson airplane)
smoke 2 joints (sublime)
tiny dancer (elton)
piano man (billy joel)
blue suede shoes (perkins)
egg man (beastie boys)
american woman (guess who)
tequilla (the champs)
been caught stealing (janes addiction)
video killed the radio star (the buggles)
werewolves over london (zevon)
we are the champions (queen)
parachutes (coldplay)
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 3/03/2006 09:18:00 PM  

Add a comment


« More -->