« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Sunday, March 26

Midlake

Midlake is definitely one of the best bands I've experienced this year, second only to Page France. I learned of them through GVB's post of the absolutely stellar Roscoe (and two other new songs more recently) and decided to get their old CD, Bamnan and Slivercork.

Every song on the record is fantastic, I'm really surprised that this band hasn't reached Sufjan Stevens status yet (it might come when the new CD hits). I love how the band draws on classic rock as well as current influences with their songs. Balloon Maker sounds like it could have been on Magical Mystery Tour, and some of the other songs would have fit well on In The Aeroplane Over The Sea. And they're Earl approved (thats Jason Lee).

There is so many great songs on this album, that it difficult to pick some so here's three of my favorites:

MP3 Ballon Maker
MP3 King Fish Pies
MP3 Moppers Medley

And just in case you haven't already heard it, off of their upcoming album:
MP3 Roscoe

Buy Bamnan and Silvercork
.
Be their myspace friend.
Download their 2005 live performance of "King Fish Pies" on Craig Ferguson introduced by Earl.
posted by Taylor, 3/26/2006 11:49:00 PM | link 3 comments

3 Comments:

Thanks! I never heard of these guys. They are awesome!!
I just found your blog yesterday. I love it. It will be a new daily read......er...or listen. Midlake is alright. They remind me of an untalented Flaming Lips/Super Fury Animals.
I like the new song better than the older ones. Thanks for posting.
commented by Anonymous mjrc, 3/29/2006 03:45:00 PM  

Add a comment


« More -->