« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Monday, March 20

New London Fire


I have a new band today that I'm really excited about called New London Fire. I've had their debut EP on my computer for a couple weeks now (download it all here) and I'm really enjoying it. They take heavily from early 80's Depeche Mode and U2 as well as current influences like Interpol, Radiohead, and The Killers (who they probably will be compared to nonstop). With the song Different I haven't been as excited by new wave pop/rock since I heard Mr. Brightside for the first time a couple of years ago.

MP3 Different
MP3 We Don't Bleed

They have a new album coming out soon (couldn't find an exact date) called "I Sing The Body Holographic." Nadine, which is the only song I have off it so far, sounds alot more atmospheric and experimental (think Brian Eno) and I'm really liking it.

MP3 Nadine

All these songs are highly recommended so don't miss them. Find out more at the myspace.

In other news:
-Today I'm starting two new classes - Speed Reading and Bowling (you have every right to be jealous of my schedule).

-I've been listening alot to the new mix of Hide and Seek and I am finally coming around to that song. I listened to it about four times in a row yesterday, its very good.

-Steve Holt! told someone that he was absolutely sure that Arrested Development was picked up by Showtime. Read about it.
posted by Taylor, 3/20/2006 11:50:00 AM | link 1 comments

1 Comments:

their song 'Tonight' is great as well.
commented by Anonymous Mike, 3/20/2006 02:59:00 PM  

Add a comment


« More -->