« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Sunday, March 5

String Quartet Tribute - The Killers



Hot Fuss is still one of my favorite albums of the past couple of years to listen to, despite the overplay of Mr. Brightside and Somebody Told Me (good thing I don't listen to the radio). The SQT do a good job of recreating the glam feel on their CD, and the violin doing the background guitars on Somebody Told Me is one of my favorite parts of the series. I only wish they recreated my favorite song in their catalogue, Glamourous Indie Rock and Roll (available here).

MP3 Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine
MP3 Mr. Brightside
MP3 Somebody Told Me

Go to Veritas Lux Mea for another one.

Pre-order this top-quality edition of the Tribute albums.

I'm seeing Nada Surf and Rogue Wave tonight. It's gonna be crazy awesome, expect a full post with pictures/review on Tuesday. Here's a Rogue Wave song from my Top 25 of '05 that I still have uploaded.

MP3 Salesman at the Day of the Parade
posted by Taylor, 3/05/2006 06:54:00 AM | link 4 comments

4 Comments:

cheers - grabbed Mr Brightside and Somebody Told Me

am loving these String Quartet Tribute songs :D

Gurg
I love all these string quartet tributes you are posting! Great blog! :)
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 3/06/2006 03:11:00 PM  
for some reason, I can't stand this string tribute. I think I have one 'cold play'. I was expecting too much I guess. (And usually I am not that picky. as you can see I am running a rather gaudi mp3 blog)

It's just almost all of them are trying too hard to ahve that 'full drenched' sound
hey,

thanks for putting up the mp3's,

but you seem to have run out of bandwidth on .mac,

could you repost them somewhere else?

i'd love to get a copy

thanks
john
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 9/12/2006 05:18:00 PM  

Add a comment


« More -->