« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Wednesday, April 26

The Camera Mix



I'm got my new camera in today, so my thoughts are a little camera-centric right now. It's beautiful though. It's the only camera that I know is touch screen, which makes going through menus much easier and its a whopping 8.1 megapixels. It also lets you spot focus on anything you touch on the screen. I used this feature to take the picture of the flower below. Here's a mix to help you share in the excitement of my new Sony DSC-N1 camera.

MP3 Spoon - I Turned My Camera On
The first thing I did with my camera...

MP3 The Kinks - Picture Book
Remember this song from those cool HP frames commercial?

MP3 Eagle*Seagull - Photograph
If you don't already have this band's CD, grab it. It's one of the most overlooked of 2005.

MP3 Belle & Sebastian - Photo Jenny
Classic B&S song off their Lazy Line Painter Jane EP

MP3 Editors - Camera
Great song. Great band.

MP3 Def Leppard - Photograph
This song was ranked the 17th greatest song of the last 25 years by VH1, edging out "Losing My Religion" and "With or Without You". It should have been number 1! (Smells Like Teen Spirit is so overrated)
posted by Taylor, 4/26/2006 11:41:00 AM | link 8 comments

8 Comments:

taylor i love it! i set the picture of your momma's tulips on my desktop. celeste.
I recently upset my 11-year-old son by demonstrating that 'Warning' by Green Day is nearly a note for note rip-off of 'Picture Book' by the Kinks.
commented by Anonymous jonny the friendly lawyer, 4/26/2006 06:43:00 PM  
ah yes, and "minority" by green day is also a nearly note rip-off of "walkie talkie man" by Steriogram.
commented by Blogger Moka, 4/27/2006 01:12:00 PM  
and may I ask where's "pictures of you" by the cure?
commented by Blogger Moka, 4/27/2006 01:13:00 PM  
I was noticing that "walkie talkie man" also sounds a bit similar to "picture book", now you see all the pieces connecting? ah yes and I think "walkie talkie man" was also featured on an cellphone ad (can't remember which one)...
commented by Blogger Moka, 4/27/2006 01:19:00 PM  
now taylor will get all excited when he founds out there's 4 new comments on this post just to find that it was just me all the time.
commented by Blogger Moka, 4/27/2006 01:21:00 PM  
Finding out all 4 comments were from moka made me even more excited. - pictures of you was originally on the mix but I've posted that song before.

"walkie talkie man" was on an iPod sillohuette commerical.
commented by Blogger Taylor, 4/27/2006 02:53:00 PM  
i'm sure you were kidding about def lep, but i'm totally with you on smells like teen spirit. other than the opening chords and the hook, there's nothing really to that song.
commented by Blogger Ekko, 4/28/2006 05:48:00 AM  

Add a comment


« More -->