« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Thursday, April 20

Kimya Dawson

Kimya Dawson was a member of the anti-folk group, The Moldy Peaches, when she started her solo career in 2004. I learned about her through the Yank Sizzler / Contrast Podcast. The song I heard that introduced me to her was "You Will Be Me?", which immediately caught my attention. She is a very talented songwriter with a lovely voice strong beliefs about government and aid. The song 12-26 is a heartbreaking song about 2004's Tsunami. Underground is the lead single off her new album and is about her desire to have her ashes spread over Puget Sound.

MP3 12-26
MP3 Underground
MP3 You Will Be Me? - Live (sorry about the quality)

If someone has a better quality version of the above song, email me because I'd like one. Kimya has a new CD called Remember I Love You coming out in May. Read about it.
posted by Taylor, 4/20/2006 12:28:00 PM | link 1 comments

1 Comments:

dude -

"Jorge Regula" by the Moldy Peaches......That song takes me back!

Add a comment


« More -->