« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Monday, April 17

Rainer Maria / Tilly and the Wall


Today I'm talking about two female fronted easy-to-love indie bands, Rainer Maria and Tilly and the Wall. They both are upbeat and they both come from the northern midwest region (Wisconsin and Nebraska, respectively). Rainer Maria draw more from post-hardcore "emo" sound of the late 90's, they're music is very textured and the melodies are a bit on the edge. Tilly and the Wall on the other hand have created their own genre of tap-danceable handclap pop. They also have a tendency to remind you of a Mariachi band from Mexico. This album is already being talked up a bunch in the blogging realm and could be headed to some end-of-the-year lists.

I recommend you get a hold of both of their new material, if you haven't gotten the chance to already. Here's some songs:

Rainer Maria (Catastrophe Keeps Us Together)
MP3 Burn
MP3 Life Of Leisure


Buy It!

Tilly and the Wall (Bottoms of Barrels)
MP3 Rainbows in the Dark
MP3 Bad Education

Pre-order It!

Sorry about all the server trouble. I went over my data transfer quota, which I guess is pretty cool because people downloaded more than 25 GB from the site in two weeks. But it's also not so cool because .Mac suspended my account and now I'm using a backup server for a couple weeks. The site should be completely operational today. My archives are mostly still down but if you need anything email me and I'll put it up for you.
posted by Taylor, 4/17/2006 11:47:00 AM | link 2 comments

2 Comments:

hy i'd like to share somebody news with you! i find very cheap mp3!!!
http://www.mp3city.com.ua/en/
commented by Blogger ternny, 4/18/2006 06:08:00 AM  
Hi!
Tilly and The Wall are really goods!!!!
Their Wild Like Children was of the best I meet past year. Their seems a bit catholic but I like them anyway.
Their new songs are.... only goods.
commented by Anonymous Holden, 5/31/2006 05:19:00 AM  

Add a comment


« More -->