« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Sunday, April 16

String Quartet Tribute - U2


Even if you don't like the direction U2 has gone with their last couple albums, it's hard not to recognize their importance in music and their influence on today's bands. It seems like half of the new bands coming out are proclaiming "We sound like early U2".

The String Quartet do a pretty decent job stringing out U2, but I find it a bit hard to appreciate the work since I'm so familiar with the original versions. One song I think that they do justice is "All I Want Is You". I'm including "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" also on this post because it's very applicable to today. Anyone have some String Quartet Tributes songs that I haven't covered yet? Let me know.


MP3 All I Want Is You
MP3 Sunday, Bloody Sunday

Buy the CD!
posted by Taylor, 4/16/2006 10:57:00 AM | link 4 comments

4 Comments:

i quite like the mars volta and coheed and cambria string tributes...

oh and iron maiden too!
commented by Anonymous liam, 4/16/2006 03:05:00 PM  
Interesting in a quirky sort of way.
U2 is my favorite band, I wonder what they think of this.
commented by Blogger Lexcen, 4/17/2006 03:50:00 PM  
long live u2. they are the best.
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 4/17/2006 11:10:00 PM  
I love this version of the song. Its kind of haunting. Absolutely beautiful.
commented by Blogger Jo-Jo, 5/24/2006 10:25:00 PM  

Add a comment


« More -->