« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Sunday, May 21

Two Songs, Two Memories

The two artists I'm featuring today are from bands that I don't consider too high on an artistic level, but they both have some nostalgic value. High schoolers are graduating this week, and both these artists remind me of some fun times in high school. If you ever (regrettably) jammed to the music of Chris Carraba or Tom Delonge, then maybe this music will bring back similar good memories for you.

Blink-182 was the fun-time, rockin' party band growing up. I know, they basically wrote the same simple punk song over and over, but it was catchy and great for road trips. One particular road trip I remember, occurred after a tournament for our school's golf team, of which I was a member (could I be a bigger dork.) We found out that the team was going to State due to a miraculous ball-bouncing-off-a-tree-to-land-next-to-the-pin-shot, and the whole ride home we listened to "Rock Show" over and over. While you would imagine this would have been incredibly annoying after an hour, we couldn't help but singing in unison everytime the chorus came on. Angels and Airwaves are about the closest thing you can find to Blink-182 now and here's their first single.

MP3 The Adventure

In addition to listening to Dashboard Confessional during my "emo phase" around sophomore year, I saw Dashboard Confessional at University of Illinois a couple years back at a free concert. While the concert itself wasn't too memorable, I spoke to my girlfriend for the first time at that show. Here's Dashboard Confessional's new single:

MP3 Don't Wait

buy here
posted by Taylor, 5/21/2006 04:27:00 PM | link 2 comments

2 Comments:

Bad songs, good memories!!
commented by Anonymous Holden, 5/22/2006 10:57:00 AM  
ARE YOU KIDDING? AVA doesnt sound anything like Blink
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 5/25/2006 09:24:00 PM  

Add a comment


« More -->