« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Tuesday, June 13

Blue Man Group


Homer Simpson: "Have you ever seen that Blue Man Group? Total ripoff of the Smurfs. And the Smurfs, well, they SUCK. "

Tobias
(completely covered in blue paint): I have to ask for an audition
Michael: You haven't auditioned yet?
Tobias: Oh, no, no. I’m not in the group yet. No, I’m afraid I just blue myself.
Michael
: There's got to be a better way to say that.

The blue man group make for some very humourous situations like the two above. But other than that and performing in TV commercials, they also make music, and sometimes it can be pretty good. I submitted the song "Rods and Cones" to the latest Contrast Podcast, the theme being "I'm the only one that likes this".

I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes them, but I think I'm the only one that I know that actually intentionally listens to them (I have them on my iPod). Is there any other BlueHeads out there? Here's "Rods and Cones" and a bonus track that was used in one of the Intel ads called "Drumbone". Enjoy!

MP3 Rods and Cones
MP3 Drumbone

Learn all about this interesting trio.
posted by Taylor, 6/13/2006 03:24:00 PM | link 6 comments

6 Comments:

You're not alone. I also have Blue Man Group trax on my iPod. I've seen the (original) stage show twice as well as the travelling concert show (with Tracy Bonham and Venus Hum). Thanks for the post.
Right. Heavily impressed by that! I've wanted to see these guys for a while, based purely on the adverts and stuff I've seen of theirs, but I love these tracks! I'll have to shell out money to see 'em now...
I can't say I'm a big fan of Blue Man Group, mostly because I haven't heard much from them. But I do love their cover of "I Feel Love" featuring the lead singer of Venus Hum.
commented by Blogger muruch, 6/14/2006 10:54:00 AM  
I'd never heard of the Taylor. So you can chalk me up as a new fan of the smurf like chaps.
Been a fan of the boys for about five years now. Thanks for posting the tracks, it's interesting to see how their sound has developed between these classics and the latest album/tour.
commented by Anonymous litreofcola, 6/15/2006 03:51:00 PM  
I actually spent five years of my life house managing at Blue Man Chicago. And while I no longer listen to them (after having been paid to watch the show over 4,000 times, you can't really blame me), they are quite good. The Complex tour was pretty damn amazing, too. If you get a chance to check out the live dvd, it's worth a look.

Add a comment


« More -->