« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Saturday, June 17

Review of iTunes Celebrity Playlists - Jack Black

Reading through Jack Black's playlists made me realize a few things. First off, that Nacho Libre had already opened in theatres (I don't want to read the reviews, but I'm guessing they're horrible. Anyone seen it?). Secondobly, that Jack Black's sister-in-law is the artist I did this post on (He includes a Petra Haden song in the list). I also realized that Jack Black has got very very interesting music taste.

His playlist includes Eagles of Death Metal (which he was in a music video for), Soul Asylum, and Cat Power. He also picks a few songs that are in similar vein to his own band, Tenacious D like Ween and Liam Lynch. Very fun list to listen to, tons of variety, keeps you guessing. The descriptions are often good but I wish he would shown a little more of his personality sometimes. I guess, the song selection speaks for itself. Here's a couple tracks from his playlist which you can check out at the Celebrity Playlists section at the iTunes Music Store.

MP3 Silversun Pickups - Kissing Families (featuring Jack Black's wife on the cello!)
MP3 The Pixies - Crackity Jones

How did I miss this? Danielson and The Walken got added to the Pitchfork Music Festival Roster. Woohoo!
posted by Taylor, 6/17/2006 03:16:00 AM | link 1 comments

1 Comments:

My local paper gave it three/four stars, so I'm considering giving it a look.
commented by Blogger Matt, 6/17/2006 12:00:00 PM  

Add a comment


« More -->