« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Monday, July 10

Alt-Country Mix Pt. 1

"...and don't slow down until you're out of sight."
Spouse

Hey - This is Lizzy from Come Pick Me Up. That wasn't too subtle, was it? While Taylor is off playing Bono in Kenya (I applaud you, buddy), he asked myself and a few others to keep his baby going. Of course, I obliged. Just spreading the love. Anyways, over at my site awhile back I compiled a little alt-country mix and people seemed to really have dug it. So, I figured I'd try my hand at again to see how all you indie rock kids would recieve it. The track list was changed up a bit, but the essence is still there. The first tracks comes with my highest recommendations. It's pretty incredible. However, make sure you stick around the next couple of days - I'm pulling out the big guns for part II.

Spouse - Are You Gonna Kiss Or Wave Goodbye?
High On Stress - You Have Conversations With Jesus
Patrick Park - Honest Skrew
The Annuals - The Devil Said "R.S.V.P."
Deadstring Brothers - Lonely Days
The Brokedown - Dignity
posted by Lizzy, 7/10/2006 10:38:00 AM | link 5 comments

5 Comments:

Big, big, big fan of Spouse, and this is the track that kicked it all off for me. Thanks for testifying! Hallelujah!

David
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 7/10/2006 07:38:00 PM  
David...you're rad. yeah, Spouse definitely doesn't get even a quarter of the attention they deserve!
commented by Blogger Lizzy, 7/10/2006 08:25:00 PM  
love this track list. spouse - never heard before, but liked it immediatly.
Spouse was the only band I knew on your list, but it was enough to get me to give the rest of the list a shake. All pretty good stuff, esp the Deadstring Bros. Thanks.

Word is that new Spouse is coming this year, too.
Good call on The Annuals, I love those guys to death.
commented by Blogger craiye, 7/12/2006 12:42:00 AM  

Add a comment


« More -->