« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Wednesday, July 12

Alt-Country Mix Pt. 2

"Everybody grew up and turned into assholes.""
The Damnwells

I told you I was pulling out the big guns for part 2. Westerberg, Whiskeytown (Mr. Adams is my king of alt-country), and my absolute favorite band - the Damnwells. I tried to throw in a few tracks that hopefully the majority of you haven't yet experienced. Matt Mays has always gotten a great reception on my site, and is apparently huge up in Canada. No reasoning behind the last couple of tracks I haven't mentioned, except that "Heartbreaker" is killer, and you should check it out. Otherwise, my time here is done. Connor from the mega-famous iGIF will be taking over tomorrow followed by a couple of more people.

Whiskeytown - Tilt-A-Whirl
The Damnwells - Assholes (full version)
The Exit - Soldier
Paul Westerberg - Gun Shy
Matt Mays & El Torpedo - The Plan
The Lonely Hearts - Heartbreaker

[Again, be sure to check out Come Pick Me Up if you've been liking the stuff I posted here. I feature a new band just about every other day. Often times, it's going to be someone you've never heard. I like it that way. Does the world really need another Gnarls Barkley or Sufjan post? Right.]
posted by Lizzy, 7/12/2006 01:07:00 PM | link 3 comments

3 Comments:

The Damnwells song "Sleepsinging" was one of my favorites of 2004...how are they live?
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 7/14/2006 12:56:00 PM  
They're incredible live. I've seen them 3 times, and it looks like I'll make it 4 when October rolls around. I don't know where you're from, but they've got a little tour set up in support of their new disc that drops Aug 15, you should see if they're heading around your way!
commented by Blogger Lizzy, 7/14/2006 05:37:00 PM  
I don't know about you but I could always use one more sufjan/gnarles barkely posts.

Especially if it involves A. Hypothesizing on what new state will be done or B. a new "crazy" cover.

We'll always have you, to balance us out though. Thanks for posting these Lizzy!
commented by Blogger Taylor, 7/20/2006 09:59:00 AM  

Add a comment


« More -->