« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Tuesday, July 25

Modern Love and other Assorted Bowie Covers

While I was browsing the Loose Records website today I noticed that there was a studio version of Last Town Chorus' cover of David Bowie's classic tune, "Modern Love". I remember hearing the live version last year and being mezmerized by it. "Modern Love" is one of my favorite Bowie songs and dance songs in general. It's also a hilarious song to sing two-part harmonies on.

The cover is turned into a mournful and yearning downer of a song, but it's very well done and the band rips through a feedback heavy guitar solo in the middle of the song. The studio version cleans up the track a bit and puts a slightly better ending on it, but i still prefer the rawness of the live version (if I had to choose). Here's both for comparison (plus the original).

MP3 Last Town Chorus - Modern Love (live)
MP3 Last Town Chorus - Modern Love (studio)
MP3 David Bowie - Modern Love

Here's a few more of my favorite Bowie covers for your enjoyment! BTW, This will be my last post in Australia so I'm on blogger vacation till I get back to the US. Then it's off to pitchfork I go with an overfull of concert reviews and pictures to be expected.

MP3 Seu Jorge - Ziggy Stardust
MP3 Arcade Fire - Five Years (live)
MP3 The Futureheads - Let's Dance
MP3 Belle & Sebastian - Space Oddity (live)
posted by Taylor, 7/25/2006 06:08:00 AM | link 2 comments

2 Comments:

What about Bloc Party's - This Modern Love?
commented by Blogger Jasinho, 7/25/2006 06:46:00 PM  
'Modern Love' is one of my favourite Bowie songs too.
commented by Anonymous iron, 7/28/2006 05:10:00 AM  

Add a comment


« More -->