« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Wednesday, August 23

George Clooney vs. The Ramones

As a blogger, one of the things you have to expect is to get alot of email requests asking for you to post various things. Well, one of the ones I get most often is for me to post a cover of "that song that George Clooney sang in O Brother, Where Art Thou."

I've been holding off as long as I possibly can, but I'm finally giving in and I'll post the cover. It's by band called Osaka Popstar & The American Legends of Punk which includes members of the Ramones, Black Flag, and the Misfits. Now stop it with the emails!

MP3 Osaka Popstar & The American Legends of Punk - Man of Constant Sorrow

So who does it better? George Clooney or a band with a guy from the Ramones... or Joan Baez if you don't like either of them?
Note: Sorry for the small, sort-of crappy post today. I'm still working on something awesome for tomorrow. Trust me, it's worth the wait.
posted by Taylor, 8/23/2006 01:48:00 PM | link 7 comments

7 Comments:

Hopefully I'm not stating the obvious here, but that's not Clooney singing the song.
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 8/24/2006 12:33:00 AM  
It's even more obvious that you are stupid. The song is a cover, so Clooney by definition wouldn't be on it.

The Clooney version is better btw.
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 8/24/2006 09:31:00 AM  
Anonymous 2 just pwned Anonymous 1
commented by Blogger Taylor, 8/24/2006 10:11:00 AM  
I believe the point that anonymous 1 was trying to get across is that, the "O brother where art thou" version is sung by Dan Tyminski from Union Station.
commented by Anonymous Hlynur, 8/24/2006 03:47:00 PM  
hlynur just pwned all of us
commented by Blogger Taylor, 8/24/2006 04:49:00 PM  
Yeah, hlynur got it, and the rest of you are fucking idiots, apparently.

The song is an old standard and has been sung by the likes of Bob Dylan. So I don't get what "so Clooney by definition wouldn't be on it" even means. Since the "Clooney version" (of which there is none, since Clooney never fucking set foot in a recording studio to put vocals down on it) isn't even the original.

Anonymous 1, back again.
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 9/05/2006 02:08:00 PM  
For the record, I said that its a cover of "that song that George Clooney sang in O Brother Where Art Thou". I wasn't saying that he actually recorded the song but that his character sang it in the movie.

Anonymous 2 was saying that the MP3 I posted is a cover and doesn't have Clooney on it, but was confused because Clooney wasn't on the original version to begin with.
commented by Blogger Taylor, 9/05/2006 02:40:00 PM  

Add a comment


« More -->