« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Monday, August 7

Ill Lit

I was never into country growing up. Maybe it was rebelling against my Texas upbringing or maybe I just can't get into those twangy guitars and shaky voices. In the last year though, I discovered Wilco (about 5 years late), and then I started to listen to Neko Case, and Jenny Lewis began leaning towards alt-country also. Basically this is the perfect time for me to get this Ill Lit record, which sounds like all the best of Americana and alt-country put together with a little electronica to back it up. "The Bridge in Tracy" is one of the grandest songs I've heard all year.

MP3 The Bridge in Tracy
MP3 Satan's doing fine without me

Buy Tom Cruise (the album not the person)
Friend Ill LIt
posted by Taylor, 8/07/2006 10:06:00 AM | link 3 comments

3 Comments:

Sort of reminds me of The Format.
commented by Anonymous Adam, 8/07/2006 12:43:00 PM  
Funny that i totally and completely disagree with Adam.

yeah, they're alright, huh? i ended up posting on them myself, even though sometimes i cringe at the steel twangs and such.

in regards to the Silversun Pickups track (pardon, haven't checked your blog in a bit) - isn't it effing awesome? i'm really into them, and it's because of that very song.
commented by Blogger shan, 8/10/2006 02:56:00 PM  
Yea, Adam your pretty much way off there. Listen to The Format much?

I'll have to check out your blog shan.
commented by Blogger Taylor, 8/10/2006 05:53:00 PM  

Add a comment


« More -->