« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Thursday, August 3

Jeremy Enigk - New songs from World Waits

I'm not sure why anyone else is talking about this, but I guess not everyone holds Jeremy Enigk in such high esteem as me and ECEU do. Last week, two new songs were released for Enigk's upcoming follow up to 96's Return of the Frog Queen, and you can bet I'll be the first in line to grab it (especially based on the quality of these two tracks).

If you aren't familiar with Jeremy Enigk, he's the mastermind behind Sunny Day Real Estate and The Fire Theft and he's one of the most important figures of the Seattle music scene. "Been Here Before" and "River to Sea" are both amazing right off the bat, and usually you have to let his music grow on you. Come October, I don't see any reason why I won't be welcoming World Waits into my top ten of the year.

MP3 Been Here Before
MP3 River To Sea

Check out tour dates and latest news at Lewis Hollow Records
Jeremy's Myspace
posted by Taylor, 8/03/2006 02:16:00 PM | link 2 comments

2 Comments:

Check out my blog... I've posted this before. I can't wait to him in Cleveland this coming saturday!
Hey Taylor! Cool reviews on Pitchfork and the new tracks for Jeremy's new album are luv. Just wanted to let you know I'll be catching your pals from Mates of State in Eugene, OR next Thursday as they're playing with Death Cab! I'll be sure to let you know what I think! Take care bro and it was good seeing you and Celeste in the Chi.
commented by Anonymous Zielinski, 8/05/2006 01:54:00 AM  

Add a comment


« More -->