« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Sunday, August 6

Like A Version - Volume Two

While I was in Australia, I picked up a couple albums that were exclusive to the Aussies and this was one of them. Like Volume One, this is put on by the amazing Triple J radio station and features mostly-acoustic cover versions of songs by a variety of artists. On this edition, there is alot more familiar indie rock names (Eels, Spoon, Tegan and Sarah, Mountain Goats) as well as 18 tracks from some of the best Australian Indies. If your a fan of covers (who isn't) then you'll want to pay the extra shipping fee to get this over to you. Here's a very generous sampler:

MP3 Spoon - Upwards At 45 Degrees (Julian Cope Cover)
MP3 Eels - I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man (Prince Cover)
MP3 Sophie Koh - Creep (Radiohead Cover)
MP3 Lior - Needle And The Damage Done (Neil Young Cover)

Buy here. Pricey but satisfying.

Side Note: This is my 250th post!
posted by Taylor, 8/06/2006 10:09:00 AM | link 4 comments

4 Comments:

Um, Needle and the Damage Done is a Neil YOUNG song, not Neil Diamond.
commented by Blogger Ian!, 8/06/2006 10:51:00 AM  
ha, thats funny. Sometimes I don't know where my brain is. That's actually one of my favorite Neil Young songs too.
commented by Blogger Taylor, 8/06/2006 10:56:00 AM  
sophie koh is amazing. find "all the pretty boys" if you can, it's gorgeous. track by track, start with "anywhere".
Spoon covering Upwards at 45 degrees is something I would never have dreamed of. I'm digging out Jehovahkill to play in the car today cause of this. Thanks!

Add a comment


« More -->