« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Wednesday, August 9

The Music For Kids Who Can't Read Good Back-to-School Mix

School is right around the corner and since we at MFKWCRG are huge on education, I've compiled a list of songs that will help you kids to read good. Personally, I'll be hearding to Illinois State University which is in a town by the name of Normal (thousands of pun possibilities there). Without futher ado:

MP3 Mark Mothersbaugh - Hardest Geometry Problem in the World
"I'm sorry. Did someone say my name?"

MP3 Beach Boys - Be True to Your School
School spirit is so underrated, just because your an indie kid doesn't mean you can't let your colors fly.

MP3 The La's - There She Goes
Don't ask me why, but I think this is a great back to school song. Now that we're in the Facebook era though the song should be more like "There she goes again - Her name is Mandy, she's an elementary ed major and she enjoys Jack Johnson and The Notebook"

MP3 Yo La Tengo - Autumn Sweater
Not quite autumn yet but this song will prepare you for its inevitable arrival.

MP3 Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
For those of you exploring the college night life but like to take long afternoon naps. Also a good song to put on for spontaneous visits to Starbucks.

MP3 Hot Chip - And I Was A Boy From School
Not only is this song about school but it will impress your hipster friends.

MP3 Paul Simon - Me and Julio Down By The School Yard
The lesson here is if your going to get it on with some guy named Julio by a school yard, make sure your mom isn't around.

MP3 Belle & Sebastian - Wrapped Up In Books
This will describe alot of you guy's college experiences. Luckily, I'm a Mass Comm major, which means minimal book-reading and lots of watching TV (for homework).

MP3 TV Theme - Saved By The Bell
Perhaps the most accurate portrayl of high school/college ever. Oh, the memories.

Feel free to leave in the comments what school you're going to and/or a good back-to-school song.
posted by Taylor, 8/09/2006 01:52:00 PM | link 6 comments

6 Comments:

that is so cute!

i'm gonna have to do a "back to school" mix myself. there's a few songs i want to post. hehe!
oh man taylor, this is an awesome idea! plus, there she goes is such an awesome song. i think i might have to do this sometime later in august. as i wont be heading back to school until the 30th.
commented by Blogger Matt, 8/10/2006 02:00:00 PM  
aerosmith - sweet emotion. just thinking of that opening scene from 'dazed and confused' makes me wanna cruise back to school.

"Man I love those high school girls. I get older and they just staayyyy the same"
commented by Anonymous Phil, 8/10/2006 05:32:00 PM  
My school year song is Nada Surf, "Blankest Year". "Oh fuck it, I'm gonna have a party". Uh-huh.
commented by Anonymous annA, 8/11/2006 03:30:00 PM  
Great post, I quoted you today in a post on my site and linked over here, adding a few tunes of my own to your fine, fine selections.


http://fuelfriends.blogspot.com/2006/08/im-at-corner-just-in-time-to-see-bus.html

Good on ya and amen for the Saved By The Bell love. There's an awesome wikipedia page for SBTB, all the things you never needed to know but somehow find irresistable.
commented by Blogger heather, 8/11/2006 03:52:00 PM  
I agree with Anna, "Blankest Year" is a brillant song. For me I like the White Stripes "I Think We're Going To Be Friends"
commented by Blogger Shelby, 8/12/2006 07:51:00 PM  

Add a comment


« More -->