« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Tuesday, August 8

Silversun Pickups

I put Silversun Pickups' new album on today while I was filling out job applications (I need work, foo!). I was casually enjoying the CD when I got to Track 7 which blew me away. I quickly rushed to find out that I was listening to the song "Lazy Eye" and began to play the song again. I was reminded of Smashing Pumpkins-style fuzzy guitars pounding bass lines and (more recently) Headlights-style reverb but I liked this more than both. I went back and listened to the rest of the Carnavas and realized that the whole album is quality. If you haven't already bought Carnavas put it on your list of things to do today.

MP3 Lazy Eye
MP3 Dream at Tempo 119

Buy it here
Myspace

Also, there's this new music service out there called MOG. I never got into Last.fm but this does the same stuff plus its a bit more community based and you can make your own blog. Last.fm and Myspace fusion? Maybe. You can click the little widget I put up to the right to check it out.
posted by Taylor, 8/08/2006 01:12:00 PM | link 2 comments

2 Comments:

Wow, great Band, man, this is actually really good, thanks for posting it.
Oh yeah...this song just EXPLODES at the 2:44 mark!! Such an improvement over the version that appears on their earlier Pikul EP.

I can't even begin to tell ya what this song does to me!! Definitely the best band I've ever "found" on a blog (thanks MOKB or GvB -- can't remember which one it was)!
commented by Blogger troy., 8/09/2006 03:38:00 PM  

Add a comment


« More -->