« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Friday, August 18

Snakes on a Plane Review/New Wes Anderson Film!

Last night, I went to see "Snakes on a Plane"and it was undoubtedly one of the funnest movie experiences I've ever had. We expected the movie to be so bad that it was good, but in honesty, it was actually really good, by anyones movie standards (check out the 81% rating on RT). One of the best parst was that whenever Samuel Jackson would drop the F-bomb, dozens of high school kids would jump out of their seat cheering, but even without that it would have been a fantastic movie.

There were more stereotypes in this movie than all of Adam Sandler's movies combined. Just take the airplane staff, for example. You have the sexist pilot, the slutty stewardess, the flamingly gay flight attendant, the tough chic stewardess that saves the day, and the older stewardess working her last shift before retirement. Now apply that to every person on the plane and throw in tons of snakes, and make a list of the most gruesome body parts for snakes to attack and there's your movie. Also throw gansta video game expert (played by Kenan) that really shines in hilarious finale. Get some friends together and see "Snakes on a Plane" as fast as you possibly can.

MP3 Whitesnake - Here I Go Again

You thought I was done with movie news, well there's more! And this could be the best news for movies ever since Samuel Jackson utterted the line "I've had it with these motherf***n' snakes on this motherf***n' plane. Wes Anderson, who's still in the middle of post-production for his stop-motion animated movie that I'm only partially excited for, has announced a movie that I'm incredibly excited for called "Darjeeling Limited".

As all of you hopefully know, Wes Anderson is the genius behind "Rushmore", "Bottle Rocket", "The Royal Tenebaums", and "The Life Aquatic". Even though very few details have been released about the film, what we do know is that Jason Schwartzmann, Owen Wilson, and Adrien Brody will star as three brothers on a journey through India. Just the thought of Owen Wilson and Jason Schwartzmann on the same screen with Wes Anderson directing might bring tears to an indie movie fan's' eyes. Also, since this does take place in India, I think we're almost guaranteed that Kumar will make an appearance.

MP3 The Faces - Ooh La La

3 Comments:

I hope Kumar gets a mega=part in this one! .. I love Wes Anderson's flicks, even with the minor misstep that was Zissou .. I can't wait for this
That's the last time you put a knife in me! Y'hear me?

Last place I expected to hear such good news was a music blog! Either way, I am beyond pumped!

I was at an advance screening for Snakes On A Plane last night and I just about died of pure entertainment. It is definately the milleniums Army Of Darkness. People were screaming yelling and clapping, it felt like a high school auditorium let loose!
Totally agree iskander on all accounts.

I can see Kumar as a tour guide for the brothers possibly. I didn't think Zissou was great until watching it repeatedly. Still not as great as the prior two, but I still love it.
commented by Blogger Taylor, 8/19/2006 12:20:00 PM  

Add a comment


« More -->