« Update Your Bookmarks | New URL - http://musicforants.com/blog | Update Your Links! »

Thursday, September 21

Grey's Anatomy and Sleeping At Last

While I've never seen a full episode of Grey's Anatomy (I get all the drama I need from Project Runway), I do know that they have great music on the show. A number of artists that I've featured or talked about on this site have made it onto the show's soundtrack and like "The O.C." even though the show might be unbearable to some at times, the music picks are pretty consistently good. For these reasons, I was really excited when I heard that a song from Sleeping At Last's new CD, Keep No Score, was going to be featured on the season premiere.

The song that will be played is "Quicksand" which is a song that start's brilliantly with a minor chords played on a piano and Ryan's haunting voice and then grows into a triumphant strings-filled ballad. During the last minute of the song, the song takes an interesting turn as the piano again takes center stage the drums take a marching beat. Here's an MP3 of the song:

MP3 Sleeping At Last - Quicksand

Here's a few more songs that I like that have been featured on Grey's Anatomy. After you watch the premiere of The Office tonight, make sure to tune into the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy at 9/8 central. You can buy Sleeping At Last's album on the iTunes Store (link).

MP3 The Chalets - Sexy Mistake
MP3 Inara George - Fools In Love
MP3 Wilco - Hummingbird
MP3 The Weepies - World Spins Madly Around
MP3 Maria Taylor - Song Beneath The Song

I'm going to be at Pygmalion Festival starting today. I'll have a update for you from the fest on Saturday.
posted by Taylor, 9/21/2006 01:34:00 PM | link 4 comments

4 Comments:

I am really excited about the premiere tonight! I posted a trail on it on trailfire.com and would love your thoughts - here is the link - http://www.trailfire.com/seattlecitygirl/trails/12162


Mariam
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 9/21/2006 04:31:00 PM  
your posts are always fantastic. i just started a blog at http://atthestation.blogspot.com. swing by and leave me some pointers if you'd like.
commented by Blogger JB, 9/21/2006 10:26:00 PM  
Dude.

AWESOME site. You're a visionary. And I love the theme.

If I could install Firefox on my work PC, I would, just to make you happy.

Keep up the good work.

Ross
Hey - Another great song that has been featured on that show was Last Town Chorus' cover of Bowie's Modern Love. You can download it free on their site.
commented by Anonymous Ryan, 10/01/2006 02:02:00 PM  

Add a comment


« More -->