Marie Antoinette is one of the most anticipated films for me this year. I love Sophia Coppola’s work as a director (this, of course, excludes Godfather III), “Lost In Translation” is obviously a favorite but I also enjoyed what she did with “The Virgin Suicides” and am thrilled that she’s working with Kirsten Dunst again. Also, the casting of Jason Schwartzman (aka Max Fischer) is one I’m excited about.
One of the best parts, for some maybe the best, of a Sophia Coppola film is the Soundtrack, and while Lost In Translation explored Noise Pop and Shoegazing, this soundtrack is a brilliant mix of Post Punk, New Wave and Gothic Rock. It also has an Instrumental song by Air, who’s been featured in every Coppola film. It comes out on October 10th and you can win it as well as a prize package with some really cool stuff (wish I could win it, but I can’t). Here’s the rundown:
Marie Antoinette Official Soundtrack, Movie Poster, a Pin, and lipstick that might or might not have been used by the real Mary Antoinette.
Take a historical figure and pick out a New Wave/Goth Rock/Post-Punk song that you would put on the trailer for their film. You can explain your choice if you think that will help your chances.
Either email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave your answer (with an email address) in the comments. The one I like best wins all that stuff! You have till October 20th.
New Order - Age of Consent (Marie Antoinette) <--Watch the trailer
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Stargazer (Galileo)
The Cure - Jumping Someone Else’s Train (Jesse James)
Here’s a song from the MA soundtrack and an Arcade Fire cover of the song from the MA trailer:
01. “Hong Kong Garden” - Siouxsie & The Banshees
02. “Aphrodisiac” - Bow Wow Wow
03. “What Ever Happened” - The Strokes
04. “Pulling Our Weight” - The Radio Dept.
05. “Ceremony” - New Order
06. “Natural’s Not In It” - Gang of Four
07. “I Want Candy (Kevin Shields Remix)” - Bow Wow Wow
08. “Kings Of The Wild Frontier” - Adam & The Ants
09. “Concerto in G” * - Antonio Vivaldi / Reitzell
10. “The Melody Of A Fallen Tree” - Windsor For The Derby
11. “I Don’t Like It Like This” - The Radio Dept.
12. “Plainsong” - The Cure
01. “Intro Versailles”* - Reitzell / Beggs
02. “Jynweythek Ylow” - Aphex Twin
03. “Opus 17″ - Dustin O’Halloran
04. “Il Secondo Giorno (Instrumental)” - Air
05. “Keen On Boys” - The Radio Dept.
06. “Opus 23″ *- Dustin O’Halloran
07. “Les Baricades Misterieuses”* - Francois Couperin / Reitzell
08. “Fools Rush In (Kevin Shields Remix)” - Bow Wow Wow
09. “Avril 14th” - Aphex Twin
10. “K. 213″ * - Domenico Scarlatti / Reitzell
11. “Tommib Help Buss” - Squarepusher
12. “Tristes Apprets..” - Jean Philippe Rameau / W. Christie
13. “Opus 36″*- Dustin O’Halloran
14. “All Cat’s Are Grey” - The Cure